Re: no os found error on hp celeron 733mh fm dumpster

On Jul 18, 9:32 am, "~AlicGinnis~" <a...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
exactly, boot sequence doesn't alter what happens.
I get the same error. Pressing F1 at power on gets
into Cmos as expected. Doesn't load the os after post.
Doesn't run the floppy drive during or after post.

If that floppy will work on another system and floppy cables etc on
the HP are good, the HP MB may have some serious issues. Or try both a
known working floppy w/ a 1.44 boot disk in it

  • Re: Freezing probs
    ... maybe it was the fans that tipped the PSU over the ... i disconnected the scanner and USB hub to lighten the load. ... > Have you checked in bios to make sure the floppy options are set correctly ... Do you have a cd rom and can you put the memory test on it? ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Need to buy Windows to flash a BIOS?
    ... Both files fit on a floppy. ... Here you make a boot directory in the cdrom directory on your HD. ... The CDROM specification tells the computer when it boots to load the cdrom and look in a specific location for a specific type of file. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Need to buy Windows to flash a BIOS?
    ... right drivers for printers and video cards, but not much about flashing BIOS, ... Since I have a floppy drive, ... need on a 2nd floppy and load that when needed. ... download this FreeDOS fdboot.img.bz2 compressed boot floppy ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: f8 & safe mode
    ... That is your system's BIOS asking what boot ... device to load. ... > Please Select Boot Device and gives me the options of DVD- ... floppy drive or PM-WDC WD1200BB-98DWA0 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Loading Windows without a floppy drive
    ... >>I can't find a way to load Windows XP to a SATA drive without a floppy ... >> only from a floppy. ... >Create a CD-R from your original Windows XP disc and integrate the SATA ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)