Re: OK to mix BRANDS of memory on a laptop? Have R61i

me@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

me@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

GHalleck <GHalleck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In regards to memory modules, it is more desirable to mount RAM of
the same manufacturer and specs. Best to read the manuals for the
computer maker's recommendations.

Well I've looked in the manual and also Lenovo web site
and it gives the specs of the RAM but NOT the brand

I will give Belarc a go and see what it says....
forgot abt that

Ok I just got done taking the laptop apart.

Man those things are delicate inside!!

Anyway.. it is Samsung memory. I wrote down all the
numbers on the SODIMM

There are two slots and only one slot has 1 gig in it
so the other slot is open

Should I go ahead and put a 2 gig sodimm in the open
slot?

Or will having 1 gig in one slot and 2 gigs in another
slot cause some sort of "unbalance" issue?

Thanks for any help!

Whatever the laptop manual or the Lenovo website says about how
to configure the RAM.

  • Re: OK to mix BRANDS of memory on a laptop? Have R61i
    ... with only one gig of RAM since it has shared video. ... I want to order another gig... ... Or is it safe to just order the same SPEC memory even ... the same manufacturer and specs. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: OK to mix BRANDS of memory on a laptop? Have R61i
    ... the same manufacturer and specs. ... Best to read the manuals for the ... There are two slots and only one slot has 1 gig in it ... Should I go ahead and put a 2 gig sodimm in the open ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: requirements?
    ... Your specs look good. ... Agree with the 1 gig of RAM, and for the second drive go for 300 or 400 Gig, especially if you plan to record a lot and watch later. ... Plan on keeping your personal data on the 80 gig drive, and using the Media Center settings to point to the larger drive for Recorded TV storage. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: iMac G5 Ram
    ... > "certified specs" on any of the sites you have given me. ... the company selling the ram "certifies" it matches the specs, ... >> buys premium gas when your car only can handle regular unleaded. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: MS Access 2000/2002 bringing down asp site in 2003 Server
    ... running two gig RAM now. ... pool and both are still going down. ... > The beta hotfix does not seem to be published anywhere at microsoft.com. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)