Re: bootable usb stick question
- From: glenzabr@nospam,xmission.com (GMAN)
- Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 20:21:15 GMT
In article <7-KdnRkKNIx9wO_VnZ2dnUVZ_qjinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "~AlicGinnis~" <alik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
do you remember the name of the program?
Just do a search on Google for "Windows XP USB Stick Edition"
<glenzabr@nospam>; <xmission.com (GMAN)> wrote in message
In article <soCdnaAYUIwR5OzVnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "~AlicGinnis~"
I was looking around at various options for putting xp on a usb stick andHavent tried it yet myself but i downloaded off of a bittorrent site a
came across the following dated Apr 6, 2007:
"Editor's Review of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
A flash drive is terrific for use as an emergency boot device. Use this
to format the drive. (Careful -- everything on the flash drive will be
Then copy three system boot files from the root of your hard drive
c:\) -- boot.ini, ntldr, and ntdetect -- to the flash drive. Then set your
BIOS to allow booting from the flash drive.
Has anybody tried this? What's it boot to? DOS? Can you install xp on a
Thanks for any input.
and batchfile that claims to be able to make a small XP install on any
stick 256mb or above.
- Prev by Date: Re: A company specialized in writing drivers
- Next by Date: Re: Is refurbished really better than new?
- Previous by thread: Re: bootable usb stick question
- Next by thread: Re: bootable usb stick question