Re: Do ASSUS boards POST without any components?

You MUST have a CPU and RAM installed for an ASUS board to POST.

--
--DaveW
<info@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I continue to struggle with getting the latest technology up and
running. I gave up on a Foxconn and bought an ASUS and a new power
supply and still have issues.

So I want to know if I have zero components (no cpu, no memory, all
slots open), should the board POST or does the CPU read the BIOS chip
to POST?

I have a new CPU on the way and also bought a cheap PCI Video card to
see if it's the PCI-Express card that has a problem/ incompatibility.

I have the following and can't get either mobo to POST at all (no
beeps, I even plugged in a speaker from an old case on to the speaker
prongs on the mother boards):

ASUS PK5-E
Radeo HD 2600 Pro PCI Express
4 x 80GB SATA2 Drives (new) ,
4 x 1GB Cosair 1066 DDR2
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHZ 1066 FSB
SeaSonic 550V SS-HH550 Power Supply

  • Do ASSUS boards POST without any components?
    ... I gave up on a Foxconn and bought an ASUS and a new power ... So I want to know if I have zero components (no cpu, no memory, all ... I have a new CPU on the way and also bought a cheap PCI Video card to ... SeaSonic 550V SS-HH550 Power Supply ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Will this ASUS P3B-F Mobo work?
    ... difficult to match with a CPU than the old 386 / 486 boards were. ... The mobo ... The ASUS P3B-F on Ebay was a rev. 1.03. ... also use a PCI video card in your current computer. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Oh, No, Not Again! - What Motherboard Should I Buy?
    ... setting the optimum operating voltage for the CPU and memory) that I ... stick with either a real Intel board or an ASUS. ... pushing on the graphics while running DAW mode. ... Bob Smith ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: ASUS / Pentium D overheating & other problems
    ... I got here a brand new system with Pentium D 3 GHz and ASUS ... I've added a rear 12 cm fan sucking ... cold air towards the CPU fan and memory chips from outside. ... mandatory requirement for the Pentium-D. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Phenom and SLI support
    ... Try a different cpu to see if you can get post. ... On ASUS tech advice, returned mainboard to ASUS (they replaced ... With BIOS 1503 it would start for 4 secs and then shut ... New board will power up but will not ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)