Re: Cooler for Core 2 Duo E8400

Fishface said the following on 4/14/2008 6:08 AM:
Dazza wrote:

I have the E8400 cpu.
Just stick with the original heatsink supplied with the cpu.
It will be more than fine for your intended tasks.

I've been replacing the push-pins with one of these on all
my builds because of the way the push-pins flex the board.
www.heatsinkfactory.com/thermalright-lga775-bolt-thru-kit-p-16470.html

I leave the adhesive backing on. Assemble before installing the
motherboard.

I agree, the stock fan is adequate, but has a bit of an annoying sound,
especially if your case has a port hole and is not on the floor.

Thanks for the reco. Received and installed. Makes it easy
.