Re: Cooler for Core 2 Duo E8400

Fishface said the following on 4/14/2008 6:08 AM:
Dazza wrote:

I have the E8400 cpu.
Just stick with the original heatsink supplied with the cpu.
It will be more than fine for your intended tasks.

I've been replacing the push-pins with one of these on all
my builds because of the way the push-pins flex the board.
www.heatsinkfactory.com/thermalright-lga775-bolt-thru-kit-p-16470.html

I leave the adhesive backing on. Assemble before installing the
motherboard.

I agree, the stock fan is adequate, but has a bit of an annoying sound,
especially if your case has a port hole and is not on the floor.

Thanks for the reco. Received and installed. Makes it easy

  • Re: Would a 2nd processor really be a waste of time???? help
    ... > buy another processor and more ram, however this is what one supplier ... > Your server has only 1 processor. ... installation including changing the bios settings and installing the smp ... The second cpu will probably help ...somewhat. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Wrong CPU being shown by the BIOS
    ... Now I am not sure if installing the RAM did this or messing about in ... the BIOS screen with a message sayinh. ... "Unknown CPU detected, install latest BIOS to unleash Power" ... Intel Processor Identification Utility. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Computer totally freezing after a few min
    ... different boot drives. ... than getting a new one (the thought of installing & configuring 5 OS's ... Also 3 of the larger caps on the motherboard near the CPU have the ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: Dell PowerEdge 2450 & Win2k3 server
    ... The other thing you can do is try to run just one CPU and see if one of the ... Enterprise server sp1. ... I get this error after the windows setup process. ... Tried installing with the PERC and also tried installing using the ...