XP won't fix errors on a MyBook drive....

Its Windows XP SP2 and its an external USB MyBook 500 gb drive. The
files/programs for the most part are working on the MyBook drive, but
in one directory, there are corrupted files becasue of errors. THese
files cannot be moved deleted, copied or anything when I try. I went
to H: properties/tools and checked box to have Windows scan/fix errors
on the drive. It says it can't do that because it has to have
exclusive access ....do you want to schedule this for the next reboot?
I check YES and exit the tools utility. Reboot system....nothing
happens when Win XP boots up! SO how can I get this drive
straightened out?

  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; But there might be more information in a little more detail... ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; But there might be more information in a little more detail... ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Controlling Annoying Reboots
    ... Interesting article from the Windows Secrets newsletter. ... But if you're right in the middle of something, seeing Windows reboot ... control how often Windows reminds you to reboot after installing patches - ... That was a production server running our organization's main SQL database! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)