XP won't fix errors on a MyBook drive....

Its Windows XP SP2 and its an external USB MyBook 500 gb drive. The
files/programs for the most part are working on the MyBook drive, but
in one directory, there are corrupted files becasue of errors. THese
files cannot be moved deleted, copied or anything when I try. I went
to H: properties/tools and checked box to have Windows scan/fix errors
on the drive. It says it can't do that because it has to have
exclusive access ....do you want to schedule this for the next reboot?
I check YES and exit the tools utility. Reboot system....nothing
happens when Win XP boots up! SO how can I get this drive
straightened out?

  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; But there might be more information in a little more detail... ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; But there might be more information in a little more detail... ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word & Excel taking 10 minutes to launch
    ... Windows XP Home Edition means 32-Bit WIndows XP - thank you; ... What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? ... Reboot so you start with a fresh machine. ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: media center critical failure error code 3
    ... Press and hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the ... So reboot (for each of these steps, it is just best to reboot right ... Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following ... Reboot and logon as administrative user. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)