Re: Cannot install DVD games on nForce-4X system
- From: "Neil Harrington" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:34:23 -0500
"Dave" <noway@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Neil Harrington" <not@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I built this WinXP Home Ed. SP2 system in March 2007.
Motherboard is a DFI Infinity nF4X, DVD drive is a Samsung Writemaster.
HDD is SATA but the DVD drive is IDE.
Everything has worked fine on it, the Samsung drive plays movie DVDs,
burns and reads CDs and data DVDs with no problem -- EXCEPT I now find I
cannot install games from DVD with it.
Attempting to install Command & Conquer: The First Decade (first thing I
ever attempted to install from DVD), to begin with the drive did not seem
to see the autorun file (autorun always worked fine for installations
from CD). So I explored the DVD and could see all the files all right,
and could open text files such as readme, etc., but when I tried
double-clicking the Setup.exe file all I got was the error message
"D:\Setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application." Trying other executable
files produced the same result.
The DVD is known good: After failing on this machine, I installed the C&C
games on my other WinXP computer with no problem at all.
Sounds like your aspi software got over-written, or you just have a bad
DVD drive. First try reinstalling aspi. -Dave
Thanks, Dave, I will try that.
- Prev by Date: Re: Cannot install DVD games on nForce-4X system
- Next by Date: Re: Problem with Norton and AOL?
- Previous by thread: Re: Cannot install DVD games on nForce-4X system
- Next by thread: Re: Cannot install DVD games on nForce-4X system