Re: p53g freezes when installing any pci card

puddking wrote:
Using a p53g motherboard by PC Chips.: I've tried a sound card and
a wireless network adapter pci card and when i get into windows xp
sp2 it will freeze w/in a couple minutes, when i disable the device
using safe mode it works fine, but it won't allow me to use it. I've
tried a soundblaster card and a netgear pci wireless network card. I'm
using a geforce pci express x16 and it works fine, won't allow me to
enable anything else. any ideas?

funnily enough the card that
brought this problem to light was a soundblaster audigy. But I
corrected that problem by uninstalling/reinstalling the onboard sound
card drivers. I'm not sure that it would be a totally malfunctioning
card controller, because I have used the card, It has connected with
my wireless network but within 1 minute or so of enabling it. The
system just freezes... no error message or anything. I've contacted
the retailer now and am waiting on a response. As far as the diagram
you provided. Everything else going through that chip is fully
functional... Hopefully I won't have to get to the level of
troubleshooting that would involve removing and reattaching the
controller.

  • Re: P5/Celeron comments?
    ... type of video capture card require. ... That restriction is caused by the mix of PCI Express and PCI ... which means a PCI bus card may get the "short straw". ... and you only get time slices from each camera. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • CRASH: SATA + 8139 + Via Rhine = STOP
    ... On the other side I have an 8139 based card. ... a Silicon Image Serial-ATA card on the PCI bus. ... raid5 personality registered as nr 4 ... md: Autodetecting RAID arrays. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Help me choose S775 board please
    ... as these will just default to lower speed and take my USB3 card without and issues, sorry if I've not made myself 100%. ... Look for a P45 based board, with at least two PCI Express ... if it is included on the motherboard. ... standard, each lane was 250MB/sec, so 8 lanes of wiring can ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • [RFC / git patch] Move pci_find_* under CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY
    ... converting ancient drivers to PCI hotplug API, ... config HISAX_TELESPCI ... bool "NETspider U card" ... +#ifdef CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Help: searching a video server that meets my requirements
    ... For basic composite capture, ... be BT878 chips. ... is a PCI to PCI bridge chip, so there aren't four loads and ... The above card will saturate a PCI bus, ...
    (rec.video.desktop)