Re: video card question - which of these specs is most important?
- From: pcbldrNinetyEight <pcbldrninetyeight.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 00:25:36 -0000
"JAD" <nottoday@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:lh8hj.31$WR.6@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
"BrockLanders" <?@?.com> wrote in message
I'm looking at 8600 GT's at Newegg. There's more than 80 to choose
from. I need some help narrowing down my choices. The question is -
which has the biggest impact on performance
All of the 512MB cards have a clock speed under 600mhz. I don't know
if I should go for a 512MB with a slower clock speed (most of the
512's have a clock speed of 540mhz) or 256MB with faster clock speed
(the highest clock speed amongst 256MB cards is 720mhz). Same kind of
question for memory type - is it worth it to go with DDR3 and slower
clock speed and/or 256MB memory instead of DDR2 with higher clock
speed /more memory? I mainly play fps games if that makes a
thanks for any help
300$ for a video card, for a PC that is being left out of the gaming
realm more and more...Hmmm how much IS a playstation?
When a Playstation can do everything a PC can I'll consider buying one
myself. Having said that I have to agree that $300 for a VGA is steep, too
steep for my wallet!
- Prev by Date: Re: Best 20" lcd monitor for reading text
- Next by Date: Re: video card question - which of these specs is most important?
- Previous by thread: Re: video card question - which of these specs is most important?
- Next by thread: Re: video card question - which of these specs is most important?