Re: Any motherboard with onboard DVI video?

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 15:55:15 -0800 (PST), xiowan@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I think he'll be ok as long as XP recognizes his drives.....not sure
if it will have drivers for all Sata II drives, especially if he
wants to set the system up in RAID 0 or RAID 1. My pc's all have RAID
set ups and I HAD to install drivers during O.S. set up. Just wanted
him to be prepared if he uses the board he mentioned. Have you had
any problems installing XP without loading drivers with SATA II drives
or have you been leaving the jumper on the SATA drives to keep them
set for Sata I (150 gbs)?

This will be my first build using a SATA II capable board AND a SATA
II HDD (only one HDD though). But I don't really anticipate any
problems. Sorry to say I don't usually go for cutting edge stuff, but
tend to stay a little behind the times by relying on the "tried and
true." That's one reason I'll be installing XP instead of Vista.

Larc

  • Re: Need help installing OS6 on Dell PowerEdge 2600 with PERC4/Di RAID
    ... > like a fresh install and porting their application and data to the new system. ... PERC4/Di RAID on the motherboard, Dell DLT tape drive, Dell slimline ... PATA connector usable for two PATA drives. ... After downloading drivers from both SCO and Dell to create the ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Cant install xp on my sata drive
    ... I have 2 IDE hard drives and now I want to add a 250GB Seagate SATA ... I press F6 to install third party RAID drivers. ... RAID drivers(I tried all of them in the list, RAID as well as AHCI, ...
  • Re: CHKDSK Ok to decouple C drive?
    ... It will run the next time you boot the computer, just before Windows is ... ICH SATA = AHCI ... Q what drivers would be needed to 'roll back' to revert the pc ... access the Recovery Console as long as the drives are in SATA RAID/AHCI ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant install xp on my sata drive
    ... I have 2 IDE hard drives and now I want to add a 250GB Seagate SATA ... I press F6 to install third party RAID drivers. ... RAID drivers(I tried all of them in the list, RAID as well as AHCI, ...
  • Re: CHKDSK Ok to decouple C drive?
    ... It will run the next time you boot the computer, just before Windows is ... ICH SATA = AHCI ... Mass Storage Drivers. ... access the Recovery Console as long as the drives are in SATA RAID/AHCI ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)