Re: How long to run Memtest86?
- From: "RobV" <robv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:25:34 -0500
Ian D wrote:
"RobV" <robv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
larc-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:The latest Memtest86+ is 1.70. It has no problems with the latest
While I realize there are better memory test programs than
Memtest86, it's probably the best free one. So, any suggestions on
how long or for how many passes I should run it?
Thanks for your help.
Yes, Memtest86+ (also free). Seriously, it recognizes more CPUs and
seems to be just as good, if not better than, Memtest86.
As mentioned, run it for at least a few full passes, which shouldn't
be more than a few hours, at most.
multicore CPUs and motherboards.
"it recognizes more CPUs". I believe I said that...
- Prev by Date: Re: How long to run Memtest86?
- Next by Date: Re: How long to run Memtest86?
- Previous by thread: Re: How long to run Memtest86?
- Next by thread: Re: How long to run Memtest86?