Re: Pci / Pci express

In article <fk47b7$kk5$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, medico says...
Hi group

Is there a simple explanation as to the difference between PCI and PCI
express cards?
Are the slots the same size, are the cards interchangeable?

My mobo P4VM800 Asrock claims 3 slots with PCI specification 2.2, my
question therefore is really where does PCI 2.2 lie in relation to PCI and
PCI express and which cards do I need?

Thanks in advance to all those that take the time to give a sensible reply.

PCI is completely different to PCI Express and the cards aren't
interchangeable. PCI 2.2 has no relation to PCI Express at all and
merely indicates that the slots conform to PCI 2.2 standards.

--
Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
.