Re: Gigabyte bios confussed
- From: "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:59:31 GMT
"meerkat" <xxxx@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Jan Alter" <bearpuf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"meerkat" <xxxx@xxxxxxxx> wrote in messageHi Jan, thought I`d help the OP learn a bit of speed reading <g>.
"joanne fee" <joanne.fee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi again.Check the bottom right of your screen when you boot.
I have been checking CPU compatibility on the gigabyte website for my
GAK8NF-9 mobo to see if it will take a AMD X2 4200+ Manchester socket
939. There is no yes or no it says instead lots of F numbers which the
key says "since Bios version" to run this CPU it looks like I need
version F7 or higher. I think I have amibios v6 or something like that
but after my mobo details on boot is shows F2.
I am confused about all this and need some advise. How do I know what
bios I have, can I flash this and is it risky?
The BIOS revision is normally written there.
(For a very short time <g>.).
When the bios is displayed on the screen hit the Pause/Break key
LOL ... It will take more than speed reading to accomplish what the
- Prev by Date: Touch Screens?
- Next by Date: Re: Cheap controller-based PCI modem
- Previous by thread: Re: Gigabyte bios confussed
- Next by thread: Some "DUH" questions?????