Re: How do you free up base memory in an windows XP system
- From: ronald.phillips@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:54:11 -0000
On Sep 4, 9:54 am, Conor <conor.tur...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <tf6qd3tnmi4c22np8id4g67bb52q2dr...@xxxxxxx>, Hawkeye
says...> Westwood Studios has made the full version if Command & Conquer
available free to download. and have added a .dll file to make it work
with XP. However once the Westwood Studio opening screen comes up i
get a dialog box generated by the game indicating not enough memory.
So I'm assuming my 640k base memory needs freed up since this is
originally a windows 95 based game.
It was actually a DOS game. I don't think there's anything you can do
Might be worth trying something likeDOSBoxwhich runs a virtual DOS
computer under XP.
I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
If the dialog was thrown up by the installer then you can ignore it or
just run the installer in Win95 Compatibility mode.
The C&C released by EA is the Win95 version not the DOS version.
- Prev by Date: Re: Can My Compaq Laptop P 3 can upgrade to Duo Core
- Next by Date: Re: Garbled video output after upgrade
- Previous by thread: Re: How do you free up base memory in an windows XP system
- Next by thread: Re: How do you free up base memory in an windows XP system