How to set RAID up ?
- From: JM <marchel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:01:48 -0700
I just bought Foxconn P35A-S motherboard. It suppose to have RAID
capabilities but manual is so poorly written that it only mentions it
once briefly and I don't really know how to set it up. I'm planning to
install Windows XP Pro in RAID 0 on two drives (bootable of course).
The drives are empty and they don't have any software installed. The
system if "fresh". Here are problems that I have:
1) The mobo has 6 SATA connctors. I plugged my two drives into #1 and
#2 SATA connector. Is this OK for RAID 0 or should I use some specific
2) How do I switch it on in BIOS ? I discovered in BIOS that it only
refers to RAID in one place under IDE configuration where it allows
SATA to be set as: IDE, RAID or AHCI. I can select RAID from the list
but that is pretty much it. It doesn't really tell me what RAID
version is it or what the strip size it is going to be. I don't even
know if it is RAID 0. Is there a "hidden" menu or some secondary BIOS
that can be called up with different key combination during boot ?
3) What drivers do I need on the floppy during installation ? The
manual mentions two RAID drivers: Intel Matrix and JMicron. Do I need
both or should I choose just one of those ? The reason I'm asking is
that if you look to the Foxconn website they offer two RAID drivers
separately and in addition to this Jmicron is 3.7 MB in size and Intel
is about 6.2 MB in size. I did not downloaded them yet, so I don't
exactly know how are they going to fit on the floppy I'm not yet sure.
Any help will be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Memory question
- Next by Date: Re: Need Suggestions !!!!
- Previous by thread: splistreaming XP installation with AHCI driver
- Next by thread: Re: How to set RAID up ?