Upgraded CPU to X2 - doesn't show in control panel

Hi,
I replaced the processor in one of my desktop PCs with an Athlon 3800x2. In control panel (xp pro) it shows as the correct processor, but clicking on processors and also in performance monitor only shows a single CPU.
I downloaded the amd drivers and tried them, I've also done a repair install of XP with no success.
Anyone got any ideas ?
thanks simon.

  • Re: add remove icons--Lose Extra Control Panel Applet
    ... This works in Home, Pro, Tablet, and Media Center. ... panel applet just once. ... It has to be the Windows file name--the same one you'd use to ... I have 2 "add remove" icons in my control panel. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • [Reinstall XP Pro?] Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete Grayed Out
    ... seriously considering reinstalling XP Pro from scratch. ... >>as Administrator (although my account, ... >>control panel to function as normal. ... >>so please direct your response as a reply to this ...
  • Help defining local user restrictions, please?
    ... My wife & I recently purchased a new machine running XP Pro as "our" ... particular user on a single machine in XP Pro? ... "limited" user, but he still has access to control panel, all programs, ... it somehow involve the Group Policy Editor? ...
  • Re: Control Panel
    ... by the salesman) that the computers had XP PRO. ... I looked at my office pc which does have XP Pro. ... TweakUI apparently can not get rid of them all. ... accessing the Control Panel? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: workgroup
    ... check to see if Simple File Sharing (Control Panel - ... With XP Pro, ... With XP Pro, if SFS is disabled, check the Local Security Policy (Control Panel ... For XP Home, OR for XP Pro with Simple File Sharing enabled, make sure that the ...