Re: Am I supposed to buy 2 copies of XP?

XP will only Activate on ONE computer. One copy of XP= one computer.

--
---------------------
DaveW
<tjustin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have two home computers. One I used often, the other is just for
storage and works as a spare in case my main system is being upgraded
or repaired. I have XP on one machine, and Win98 on the other. If I
install XP on the win98 machine, am I supposed to buy a second copy,
or can I legally use the same one since it's licensed to me. I know
that businesses must buy one copy for each terminal, but what about a
home computer used only by myself. Is XP licensed to "ME" or is it
only licensed to my one computer?

  • Re: Am I supposed to buy 2 copies of XP?
    ... storage and works as a spare in case my main system is being upgraded ... install XP on the win98 machine, am I supposed to buy a second copy, ... Good news is that you can get them cheap ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Am I supposed to buy 2 copies of XP?
    ... storage and works as a spare in case my main system is being upgraded ... I have XP on one machine, and Win98 on the other. ... home computer used only by myself. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Am I supposed to buy 2 copies of XP?
    ... I have two home computers. ... storage and works as a spare in case my main system is being upgraded ... install XP on the win98 machine, am I supposed to buy a second copy, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Real storage usage - a quick question
    ... Also AFAIR the PAGEDEL didn't release all storage so massive ... combination of PAGEADD/PAGEDEL can cause problems too. ... kept a spare on the back end of some volume where response time ... unless you have SLED DASD that wouldn't be an issue (unless ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: ..move mail between laptops? Mail in "MH" folders, Claws style.