Connecting front mic to sound blaster audigy 2 ZS

Just got a new case with front headphone and mic jacks, was hopping to
connect it to my sound blaster audigy 2 ZS
but it has a 1x10 pin layout where the case has a 2x5. The case one
uses 7 of the 10 and has them in seprate leads but i was looking for
the pinlayout of the sound blaster J1 conector as far as i can tell
this is where they should conect. I have been able to get the
headphones working buy connecting ground to pin 1 right to pin 2 and
left to pin 4, in this setup the speakers dont turn off when
headphones are pluged in. But the mic does not work i tryed somthing
that was suggested on another web site but it did not work. mic_bais
to pin 6 and mic to pin 8. The conectors from the case are to large
to fit more then two next to each other in the J1 connector. Has
anyone seen a converter for sound blaster cards? As i understand most
sound blaster cards use this J1 connector.

  • Re: Connecting front mic to sound blaster audigy 2 ZS
    ... connect it to my sound blaster audigy 2 ZS ... but it has a 1x10 pin layout where the case has a 2x5. ... the pinlayout of the sound blaster J1 conector as far as i can tell ... to fit more then two next to each other in the J1 connector. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: "HD Audio" or "AC97" front panel?
    ... Microphone Signal Pin: Connect the MIC connector to this pin. ... would have to be emulated by the HDAudio ... and headphones would run at the same time. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: signal level and loudness
    ... as possible, and the mic 6 feet away, the headphones gave ... accents - which I find strange. ... least distortion on the occasional accents - through the 5mV/Pa ... ohm), which showed perfect continuity from pin to pin, nothing cross- ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Frako Capacitors for a Studer B67
    ... try making up this adapter ... Pin 1> don't connect ... Don't connect the ring on the TRS either. ... Now put on the headphones, plug them into the adapter's TRS jack and plug ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Whats inside this TRRS breakout. Anyone know?
    ... The goal is to plug in a tiny electret condenser mic - a cheap iPhone headset with its headphones snipped off would be fine if not ideal - and still have the headphone output. ... Pin 2 ring - right audio/headphone R + ...
    (rec.audio.pro)