Re: Hard drive circuit board - Sata II

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt David D <netrate@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just need to find the same firmware right? I am going to the exact
same place to where I bought it originally - hopefully, they will have
some left over - if not, I saw some on ebay, but the firmware from
Ebay was 3.AAk (mine is 3.AAC).
I guess I am out nothing if it doesn;t work. I have read some people
had great results and others tried it and it didn't work.
Pecos, did you buy the new drive at the same time? Was all the
information on the drive sleeve the same from one drive to another?

Actually not necessarily the same firmware.
What's important is that it's the same *drive*.
The firmware could be older or newer for the same drive, and still work.
Newer firmware would probably be better.

--
_____
/ ' / ™

  • Re: Hard drive circuit board - Sata II
    ... Ebay was 3.AAk. ... with the same model and firmware, you would be lucky to get the swap to ... There is a Seagate drive story in there too you might want to take a peek ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Wireless Ap./Router for cable
    ... Got a Netgear WGR614 off Ebay from "digidave" for £19 inc post last week. ... Works fine for my mixed wired/cable network. ... The version 6 firmware ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: (OT) Frage zur PSP.
    ... gespielt und auch die ganzen LucasArts Adventures nochmal gespielt. ... Google mal nach ScenePSP, da gibt es u.a. Anleitungen, wie man diese Firmware bekommt und installiert. ... Du kannst auch modifizierte PSPs bei eBay kaufen, ...
    (de.rec.spiele.computer.rpg)
  • Re: Hard drive circuit board - Sata II
    ... I just need to find the same firmware right? ... I am going to the exact ... same place to where I bought it originally - hopefully, ... Ebay was 3.AAk. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: HBA for zx2000
    ... latest firmware. ... Will these work in an HP zx2000 running OpenVMS V8.3? ... Emulex 8000s can be found on eBay for under $20 quite often, ...
    (comp.os.vms)