Re: keyboard and mouse unresponsive

"pheasant" <kiavan02@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:J7Cdnf96uuPB16rbnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx
I've posted this to XP groups also, but just in the off chance it may be
hardware related I'll add it here.

Usually occurs when kids have iPod hooked up, but has happened randomly
also. USB on front of machine being used, not keyboard's.

Display is not black(like when power saver kicks in) but kind of a light
gray which tells me above has occurred.

Mouse and keyboard have no reaction when used, yet I can go to one of the
other machines on the network, access files, etc. Doesn't seem like it
has locked up yet will take no input or respond to it's own keyboard or
mouse.

Only way I've found to get it back is to power down and reboot.

Check in your Event Viewer for any errors.

  • OT: keyboard and mouse unresponsive
    ... I've posted this to XP groups also, but just in the off chance it may be hardware related I'll add it here. ... Usually occurs when kids have iPod hooked up, ... Display is not black(like when power saver kicks in) but kind of a light gray which tells me above has occurred. ... Mouse and keyboard have no reaction when used, yet I can go to one of the other machines on the network, access files, etc. Doesn't seem like it has locked up yet will take no input or respond to it's own keyboard or mouse. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Mouse & keyboard unresponsive
    ... USB on front of machine being used, ... Display is not black(like when power saver kicks in) but kind of a light gray which tells me above has occurred. ... Mouse and keyboard have no reaction when used, yet I can go to one of the other machines on the network, access files, etc. Doesn't seem like it has locked up yet will take no input or respond to it's own keyboard or mouse. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Mouse and keyoard unresponsive
    ... USB on front of machine being used, ... Display is not black(like when power saver kicks in) but kind of a light gray which tells me above has occurred. ... Mouse and keyboard have no reaction when used, yet I can go to one of the other machines on the network, access files, etc. Doesn't seem like it has locked up yet will take no input or respond to it's own keyboard or mouse. ...
  • RE: Mouse and keyoard unresponsive
    ... I woud make a fresh start on all the USB drivers. ... Display is not black(like when power saver kicks in) but kind of a light ... it has locked up yet will take no input or respond to it's own keyboard ...
  • Re: Hello
    ... is just an upgrade and even if will do so will be with a lot of bugs. ... So better you will install a fresh installation of windows xp. ... USB ... keyboard wouldn't load until after the OS loaded. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)