- From: "John Leddy" <leddyjp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:32:08 -0400
I always started my system by:
1. Turning on the switched surge protector which started the monitor
2. Pressing the start button on the front of the computer
The machine would then boot.
I replaced the old power supply with a new one that has a rocker on off
switch and I am now having trouble. To start the same way as before, I now
have to turn the power supply rocker switch on and off a few times to get
the machine to boot. Once started, all is fine. I also now have to do the
same thing to get the machine to wake up when in the sleep mode.
It has been recommended that I replace the power supply, but everything
works fine after the system boots.
Before I replace the power supply, I would like to know if there is a
procedure to start a system with a power supply that has a rocker on and off
- Prev by Date: Re: Vista on 2nd harddrive
- Next by Date: Re: CPU upgrade
- Previous by thread: Weird cable problem
- Next by thread: Re: Booting Machine