Re: newly assembled PC - won't power up

KJ wrote:
Friends,

I am so happy. I just swapped out the PSU with another (older) Antec
Smart Power 500W PSU, and, voila, powers up instantly!

Now, may I offer a hearty thanks to Paul, Mike, Frank, and Tom for
their troubleshooting tips. I learned a heck of a lot from you guys on
this thread.

The only thing I don't understand is *why* the new PSU fails to work.
Maybe it's just a "copmpatibilty" issue. Perhaps it will work with my
older (last year's) computer, or maybe the good people at CompUSA will
take it back even though it's pretty scratched up on the side from
being taken in and out of the case 3 or 4 times. If I only had the
energy now to put the whole thing back together and install the OS...

Be well.

-KJ

I recommend researching NeoHE issues, and see if the symptoms are the
same. Somehow, this all sounds too familiar.

Paul

  • Re: newly assembled PC - wont power up
    ... I just swapped out the PSU with another Antec ... Smart Power 500W PSU, and, voila, powers up instantly! ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Low Budget Shooting for Hi End Socket 478 Build
    ... My personal preference is Antec, and get one with the PSU installed. ... >I was thinking of getting around a 450-500 Watt PS. ... Wattage is less of a concern than amps. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Whats your best guess?
    ... PSU in my ... That the computer does not boot with the Corsair says little to ... The one that's of concern now is an Antec ... I needed access to both HDDs in the failed computer. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: mATX build advice
    ... Lian Li PC-V350B or Antec NSK 1380. ... modular PSU and expensive 120mm fanthat'd like to re-use. ... can not house a standard ATX PSU or can't take 120mm ... another hdd and some 120mm fans. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: mATX build advice
    ... Lian Li PC-V350B or Antec NSK 1380. ... modular PSU and expensive 120mm fanthat'd like to re-use. ... can not house a standard ATX PSU or can't take 120mm ... planning a build for myself this year for a satellite based PVR multimedia ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)