Keyboard with hardware text buffer?

Hi,

I've been looking for a keyboard that has a hardware buffer (for text) that
can be used to copy/paste text across different platforms while using a KVM
switch. The different platforms are running different OS's, so what I'm
really after is something that is done completetly at the hardware level
(i.e., no drivers to handle the copy/paste).

Even better, if it works closely with a mouse. (Keyboard stores text, spits
it out, from mouse gestures.)

Anyone ever come across such an animal?

  • Re: Keyboard with hardware text buffer?
    ... I've been looking for a keyboard that has a hardware buffer ... The different platforms are running different OS's, ... I think the best you are going to find is a KVM with a USB (apart from ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Keyboard with hardware text buffer?
    ... I've been looking for a keyboard that has a hardware buffer ... The different platforms are running different OS's, ... no drivers to handle the copy/paste). ... I think the best you are going to find is a KVM with a USB (apart from ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Keyboard with hardware text buffer?
    ... that can be used to copy/paste text across different platforms while using ... a KVM switch. ... The different platforms are running different OS's, ... The closest solution is a macro keyboard, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Capturing USB data?
    ... I already know how to do this for MS Windows. ... platforms, especially Mac OS X, and Linux. ... I was thinking that restricting my research to the USB ... to a USB port is a mouse or a keyboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Capturing USB data?
    ... I need to generalize this capability across all other platforms, especially Mac OS X, and Linux. ... I was thinking that restricting my research to the USB interface might simplify things since all three platforms provide this interface. ... But, as Joe points out, not every input device connected to a USB port is a mouse or a keyboard. ... but lots of people happily use my Windows software on Linux under WINE. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)