AMD & AMD2
- From: "Mofaz" <skyryder@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 11 Feb 2007 14:29:40 -0800
Are AMD & AMD2 the same? What socket is AMD2?
I'm in the market for a Socket 939 compatible motherboard, but many of
the motherboards I have looked at say in the title "AMD2". However,
whenever I read the specifications I see something like this:
CPU Socket: Type Socket AM2
CPU Type: Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64 / Sempron
So, when I see the "Athlon 64" I become a bit confused. I'm not sure
if I should buy the motherboard because it clearly states that it is
compatible with AMD2.
- Prev by Date: What RAM should I get for my EVGA 680i Motherboard?
- Next by Date: Re: System component selection comments
- Previous by thread: What RAM should I get for my EVGA 680i Motherboard?
- Next by thread: Re: AMD & AMD2