Re: Crashes/reboots cuased by USB usage
- From: "Kent_Diego" <None@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:24:38 -0800
Asus A7V400-MX mainboard/Sempron 2200+/XP SP2.
The system reboots spontaneously on USB usage
(but not any USB...)
Four out of five tests stick drives trigger reboot the very
moment the contact with USB port is made. One digital
camera works fine, while the other kills the system
instantaneously. Same crash with CF memory reader.
Self-powered devices fair better: when only one instance of
any of the following is used, there is never a problem:
printer, two different USB hard drives, scanner. However,
powering any two of them simultaneously invariably brings
the system down.
Other than the USB problem, the computer is rock solid,
passes all stability tests with all voltages not deviating
appreciably from normal. I am starting to think this is not
a software problem as no amount of XP reinstalls/driver
updates and Registry fiddling with USB-related entries
ever solved the problem.
A friend this might be PSU problem but I have hard time
believing it - after all, two self-powered USB drives crash
it just the same as a USB-powered stick drive.
Any ideas? Thanks!
I would guess it is a motherboard problem as I have fired a MB by shorting
the USB power.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ram question - CAS3vs.4; 2 gig sticks, ECCv. Non-ecc
- Next by Date: Re: Crashes/reboots cuased by USB usage
- Previous by thread: Re: Ram question - CAS3vs.4; 2 gig sticks, ECCv. Non-ecc
- Next by thread: Re: Crashes/reboots cuased by USB usage