Re: Router selection? I'm a Computer and Internet/Newsgroup Newbie
- From: "JenniferR" <redhed1829@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 20 Aug 2006 02:43:45 -0700
In article <1156057397.495223.42490@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Paul
Snipped LOTS of great information
I subscribed to the standard ADSL service.
Oplink advertises they do not use "PPPoE". (Unlike, SBC Yahoo.)
I believe the network protocal is TCP/IP for the the standard (I looked
at the modem set up instructions).
There is so many security options offered. What do I really Need?
Example: Security: Firewall: DoS Attacks Detection Logging, Dropped
Packet Log, Security Event Log, E-mail Log; VPN Functionality: NAT
traversal (VPN pass-through) for IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP VPNs
Security: SPI Firewall, MAC Address Filtering
D-Link DI-808 HV
Security: Denial of Service (DoS) Protection; Stateful Packet
Inspection (SPI); Activities Logging; NAT; DMZ; Filtering (MAC, IP,
Standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u,IEEE 802.3x
Temperature: 41o to 131oF (5o to 55oC)
VPN: IPSec (40 IPSec Tunnels) IP Authentication Header (AH) IP
Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
authentication and Key Management Integrity (MD5 / SHA-1) NULL/DES/3DES
Encryption Algorithm Internet Security Association and Key Management
Protocol (ISAKMP) Main and Aggressive mode
Thanks For reminding me about NewEgg's site...I like the customer
After all this research, I just may become a hobbiest Computer Geek.
- Prev by Date: Re: Router selection? I'm a Computer and Internet/Newsgroup Newbie
- Next by Date: Re: Can Low Voltage kill a power supply?
- Previous by thread: Re: Router selection? I'm a Computer and Internet/Newsgroup Newbie
- Next by thread: Re: Router selection? I'm a Computer and Internet/Newsgroup Newbie