Is My Monitor Dying?

I have a 19" CRT monitor and am running WinXP Pro. All of the sudden
today my monitor is degausing itself. It clicks on and off like it
would if you press the degaus button. It is also making a weird sound,
for lack of a better word. Kind of like a clicking sound when the
monitor first turns on. The only thing I"ve done differently is I
installed updated drivers for my Creative Audigy soundcard last night.
Does anyone have any idea if this is a hardware problem with the
monitor, or is it possible the sound card driver update messed
something up. I have a GeForce 5900 Ultra graphics card, running 5673
driver that installed when I installed Windows. Would updating my
graphics driver help?
Also wanted to mention that the screen kept getting smaller and larger,
like when an electrical load is pulling power.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

  • Re: Right Monitor Speaker....no sound :(
    ... I'm sure if I DIDN'T hear sound from the headphone....it would ... to be a "driver" or sound card issue. ... I have a MICROTEK 914 Monitor. ...
  • X refresh problem (XF86config-4 attached)
    ... I'm trying to lower the refresh rate of my monitor, ... EndSection ... # Identifier and driver ... the way multiple screens are organised. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • i810 on Xorg 7.2 RC: Image is Portrait but not the Monitor
    ... Till yesterday I worked with a portrait 1280x1024 19" monitor driven by ... a Intel X3000 chipset working with the VESA driver of Xorg 6.9 ... # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled ... # the way multiple screens are organised. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: X woes - cant set the correct resolution no matter what...
    ... I have Fedora Core 6 and by default it choose i810 driver for X for my ... It is probably not the driver, but your external monitor that has a problem. ... Identifier "Screen0" ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: monitor not vga compatible help
    ... compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver ... understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the ... using Win XP and get the error message "VGA not compatible." ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)