LCD monitors going kaput?
- From: "moss_toss" <sumedh.storage@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 4 Jun 2006 12:24:35 -0700
I had bought a 17" LCD last year for my new homebuilt PC. I have a
Nvidia 6600 GT video card.
Initially, the monitor had some problems occaisionaly, where the screen
would go blank. Not quite dark, but I could make out blurred shapes in
The OS booted up fine, and I could see the screen flashing as the
various boot stages progressed.
It happened occaisionaly over the year, and finally about a month back,
the monitor went into that mode, and stayed that way.
I thought the montor was gone, so I bought a new Samsung 204b.
Yesterday however, I had the same problem. The display started up as
black and white pixels even though the OS booted up fine.
I left it for a while, and eventually restarted the PC. It then
started up fine.
Anyone have any clues on what the problem is? Im hoping this montor
doesnt go the same route as my old one.
Is it my video card killing these monitors?
- Prev by Date: two cpu fans
- Next by Date: Re: LCD monitors going kaput?
- Previous by thread: two cpu fans
- Next by thread: Re: LCD monitors going kaput?