Re: Like your USB flash drive?
- From: Blinky the Shark <no.spam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 24 May 2006 23:04:07 GMT
John Doe wrote:
"John Weiss" <jrweiss98155nospamatnospamcomcastdotnospamnet> wrote:
I have a Memorex and a pair of Crucial Gizmos, all in 512 MB. All
work just fine.
Those who don't shop around and check the specs may be
disappointed, though. Some older drives may still be marketed as
"USB 2.0 compatible" when they're actually USB 1.1 compliant. I've
seen that in the past (up to 6 months ago, anyhow), though I don't
know how common the [mal] practice still is...
I was thinking that about the PNY 1GB drive I just got from Wal-Mart
I just asked you what you knew about this brand in my other reply to you
on this thread. :)
for $20. It says "USB 2.0 compatible" but it runs at 1/4 speed of
the Kingston and Corsair I have. I wasn't really surprised. I'll
That's good enough as an answer to my elsewhere question. Thanks.
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
Coming Soon: Filtering rules specific to various real news clients
- Prev by Date: Re: Like your USB flash drive?
- Next by Date: Re: Would welcome suggestions for a new video card..........
- Previous by thread: Re: Like your USB flash drive?
- Next by thread: When adding RAM, does it have to be from the same manufacturer?