Re: No System Boot

Oh also, I have a newew P4 mobo from another P4 setup that went bad.
Is it possible to remove the processor from a factory built and put
it with a new mobo? I belive they are both the same socket. (socket
t lga775?)

  • Re: Desktop froze, now will not Boot
    ... I thought maybe I wore out the 1GB memory with heavy use the past ... MoBo, the power runs through the MoBo I know that. ... Should I just buy some more RAM and see if it works? ... I've definitely seen problems due to bad socket contact ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Advice on Motherboard Diagnostic Board
    ... this junk is that "compatibility" among the various ... newer DVD in an older mobo. ... doubt any of the makers provide the ability to flash upgrade the firmware. ... but Socket 478 boards are tough to come by and expensive. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: BIG Problem
    ... I took the mobo out of the case and placed it on cardboard. ... I applied AC power and was able to get the case power LED to glow in response to pressing the case power button. ... as indicated by items thru above is that the CPU is NOT running -- since EACH of those items requires the CPU to execute BIOS code. ... The processor I installed was an new Intel socket M Core-Duo processor T2450. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Any recommendation of new Mobo?
    ... my SusE-9.1 Pro system is running on a rather old ... My current mobo choice can be seen on the ... Also it's a socket 940 ... be limited due to AMD moving to socket 939 as the new standard, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Any recommendation of new Mobo?
    ... >> this Globus Computer store does have a great price for the mobo ... >> price, performance of the mobo and its future expansion. ... Also it's a socket 940 ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)