Re: Problem installing chipset drivers

"Dave Hardenbrook" <daveh47@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:g386g.3248$Vn.249@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Have any of you run into the following problem? -- I've built a new
system, and used the Mobo's setup disk to install the chipset drivers.
After the installation, Device Manager reports that some of the driver
installations failed (the infamous yellow exclamation point icon), and the
onboard NIC doesn't show up at all. After uninstalling the failed
drivers, flashing the BIOS, and downloading updated drivers, I tried
again. Same result. Then tried again, this time installing with Add
Hardware Wizard, and got this cryptic error message: "An error occurred
during the installation of this device: Access is denied." Access to WHAT
is denied??? (I thought at first it was an I/O error involving the HDD
and/or CD-ROM, but I managed to rule that out.) Anyone else seen that
error, know what's causing it, and how to address it?

Here's my system specs:

Mobo: Epox EP-8NPA7I
Chipset: nForce4 4X
CPU: AMD Sempron 2600+
RAM: 512M DDR400
OS: Windows XP Home SP2
HDD: Maxtor SATA 100G

--
Dave

Check in BIOS that onboard NIC is enabled, if it is, you have a possible
faulty motherboard. What other devices have problems? Check on manufacturers
website for later drivers.
Mike.

  • Re: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager 7.0 - why should I want this thing?
    ... you should see the Intel Drivers installed ... presence of the "Intel XXXXXXR SATA RAID Controller". ... the mode in which a default Windows installation can "see" the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager 7.0 - why should I want this thing?
    ... it already has the necessary drivers. ... the mode in which a default Windows installation can "see" the ... NCQ, dedicated I/O, mirroring, striping, RAID or eSata. ... ICH5R - This is the original RAID-Array chipset. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Is onboard NIC kaput? (ipconfig output: Unable to query host name.)
    ... network properties, reboot, then reinstall. ... Have you tried updating your MB drivers? ... followed the installation instructions carefully and when all was said ... uninstalled the NIC in the Device Manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Winntsys32configsystemCED Error
    ... In the end it's probably for the best, she has a new stable installation. ... Sometimes it can be quite difficult to properly identify these devices, especially if they are from a lesser known vendor. ... From there you can go to the manufacturer's web site and find the proper drivers, that failing do a search for the drivers on the net. ... and reinstall Windows from scratch. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)