Re: Swapping from p4 to amd64, no post!
- From: "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:59:33 GMT
Start by getting the cyctem to post. Do you get a beep?
Have you checked cabling?
When you get it to post then start thinking about the opportunity to run
"SP Goodman" <notearthlight2k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"surfgye" <no@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
How about might i reset the bios.
There is usually a pair of pins - NOT jumpered - on the motherboard marked
as "CLR_CMOS" or something similar. (I'd check the manual - obtainable
online if not in your vicinity - for the motherboard and find out where
the pins are.) If one jumpers the CLR_CMOS pins during a boot from
power-off, this will clear all settings on the motherboard in BIOS and
allow you to see if there's something other than corrupted firmware as a
http://BuffaloScientologyInfo.com - http://www.xenu.net
http://PerkinsTragedy.org - http://www.xenutv.net
Rev. Norle Enturbulata
"Church" of Cartoonism
* " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only
way you can control anybody is to lie to them."
* -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
* "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
* L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
* "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All
mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
- L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"
- Prev by Date: Re: Your favorite silent 120mm fan?
- Next by Date: Re: Silent Small but Powerful Config
- Previous by thread: Re: Swapping from p4 to amd64, no post!
- Next by thread: Re: Swapping from p4 to amd64, no post!