Re: Build gamer PC help..
- From: Robert Baer <robertbaer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 08:59:32 GMT
Athlon 64 3700+ or better (NO Sempron!!)Thanks for the input; i was going to consider Benq as a good way to "vote" against Sony.
1GB of DDR400 RAM (OCZ, Kingston, Corsair, GeIL)
Asus/DFI/MSI 939 nForce 4 Board NON-SLI PCI-E! (my personal favorite is the DFI LanParty UT Ultra-D)
Enermax or Antec ~500W PSU
Creative X-Fi Soundcard (optional)
some drives. my favs:
DVD: Teac (no problems with starforce copyprotection)
and some nice looking case with 2 silent case fans.
just my opinion. ;)
Robert Baer schrieb:
I know very little about gamer type systems.
I need to build a computer around the ASI Sapphire Radeon X850 XT DVI/CRT/TV-out PCI Express video board.
I need to know what specific motherboards support this with no conflicts like on-board video.
Are there such boards that support the standard IDE drives (CD, DVD, HD)?
Please be kind to give eXplicit recommendations.
I used anandtech with the search terms ASUS and NVIDIA and came up with two motherboards:
1) Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe: NVIDIA Dual x 16 for the Athlon 64; the review seemed a little washy, and it was not clear if it supports 4 IDE devices.
2) Asus A8N-VM CSM: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 (Athlon 64 or Sempron); not much of a review, but the specs and other info seem to indicate that this board is better.
And if this second board is better, which CPU: Athlon 64 or Sempron?
What kind of memory?
- Prev by Date: Re: Build gamer PC help..
- Next by Date: Re: Build gamer PC help..
- Previous by thread: Re: Build gamer PC help..
- Next by thread: Re: Build gamer PC help..