Re: Setting up SATA HD and CD ROM - How to connect ide cable for CD-ROM
- From: "Bob Davis" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:50:34 -0600
"oddvark" <dgrdinh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1142915822.682779.258230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK. Thanks everybody, but I have an intermittent disappearing CD-ROM
I have HD in SATA 0. And currently I have CD-ROM in first IDE Master.
However, every once in a while i cant see the CD-ROM at all. Power is
there (it can open and close) but I dont see it in the OS. In the
BIOS, everything is set to AUTO Detect.
I've swapped CD-ROMS with a known CDROM and to problem still occurs.
I wonder if I should attempt to move CD-ROM to second IDE Master as
john mentions. I also hope I didn't fizzle my MB. I dont have the
actual MB type with me, but its an ASUS.
Anyhow, thanks for the help. I've set up a few systems before, but
this one has been a problem. Any clues?
Have you tried replacing the cable? If that doesn't work, try another Molex (power) connector from the PSU.
- Prev by Date: Re: Samsung hdd problem
- Next by Date: Building my pc
- Previous by thread: Re: Setting up SATA HD and CD ROM - How to connect ide cable for CD-ROM
- Next by thread: Need a Gigabyte GA-7VRXP replacement