Re: Should I wait to buy a CPU?
- From: Charlie Wilkes <charlie_wilkes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 01:01:37 GMT
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:58:14 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:24:18 GMT, "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
A few months ago I picked up an AMD 64-3000+ (Venice core) from
Computergate.com for $140. A couple of weeks later the price jumped another
$20. You can possibly get Semprons (smaller cache) in the $100 range, but
most likely will have to buy used if you're looking for that kind of price
at the moment.
There are variants with different pricing. I got a socket 939 Athlon
64 3000+ for $126 (including $7 shipping) from Mwave.com, a couple of
months ago. The one I got was ADA3000BXBOX, which I did not see
listed for socket 939 when I used the search utility on
motherboards.org just now. They have them for socket 754 at the same
price I paid. Other variants are all higher.
I got an nf3 board for about $55, and it seems fine, but I'm not using
an nvidia graphics card.
OOPs! I was wrong... I have a socket 754 board. That's why my 3000+
- Prev by Date: Re: Case fan sizing
- Next by Date: Re: Thermal grease
- Previous by thread: Re: Should I wait to buy a CPU?
- Next by thread: Re: Should I wait to buy a CPU?