Re: Looking for External HDD
- From: "Mike" <wxyz09@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 00:49:44 GMT
Why do the vendors market and sell 1394b equipment if Windows can't take
atvange of it?
"John Weiss" <jrweiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Mike" <wxyz09@xxxxxxxxx> wrote...
Think I've got a handle on this now. Desired interface for external HDD
and USB2/Firewire card is one that supports FireWire 1394b. What do you
If your computer's Firewire interface doesn't support 1394b and your OS
doesn't support 1394b, there's little reason to spend any extra $$ on it.
If you already have internal 1394 support, buying an add-in PCI card for
1394b will not likely get you any performance boost because of the
inherent limitations of 32-bit PCI (133 MBps TOTAL on the bus).
Besides, I don't think Win XP yet supports 1394b at full speed.
- Prev by Date: Re: 115V instead of 230v
- Next by Date: Dual Monitor
- Previous by thread: Re: Looking for External HDD
- Next by thread: Re: Looking for External HDD