Re: to XP64 or not?
- From: Leeb18509@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 18 Feb 2006 07:19:43 -0800
Chris Hill wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:55:50 +0000 (UTC), "Pip"
I am in the process of building a new system. I have installed my original
XP home and when I try to add SP2 (or almost any other software) I get an
'unable to complete' type message at the last moment during the installation
or get a BOD and shutdown. I can't install updates of drivers that might be
causing this as the installation trips over at the last moment (as above).
This is a bit chicken and the egg.
As this appears to be a driver issue, would buying a new XP 64 OS to replace
my very old 32bit version help?
Just slipstream sp2 onto your os and install it. You'l,l need a
running computer, and some instructions available on the internet.
A repair install might not hurt either.
and the other thing...
- Prev by Date: Re: installing windows xp home from windows 98
- Next by Date: Re: Disk Boot Failure - Suggestions?
- Previous by thread: Re: to XP64 or not?
- Next by thread: Re: to XP64 or not?