Re: high density ram in old computer ok?

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:49:45 +0000, Graham wrote:

It probably won't do any harm as such, but you may find the machine to be
unstable with certain applications. (Thats what I found on a similar age

You would be much better off using the correct RAM for the machine. Use
the Crucial memory finder, the prices aren't bad either.
or for England

I looked at Crucial's site before I made the post and did not find the
Hot-631 listed. I think it might be cheaper to buy the 'wrong' memory
and use just half of it than to get the 'correct' dimm.