Re: Comments on new build
- From: "KC Computers" <kc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:58:27 GMT
"Bob Knowlden" <nkbob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Hp6dncerypmc4nLeRVn-og@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxConsider an A8N-SLI Premium instead, to eliminate the chipset fan. The fan is an inexpensive item, but the mainboard has to be removed form the case to replace it when it fails. (Apparently there have been a lot of failures with early revisions of the board, but I don't know the life expectancy of the current replacement fan.) I'm contemplating fitting the heatpipe cooler to my A8N-SLI, and hope that it'll fit.
Hmmm, thinking about it, its very unlikely that I'll ever use 2 graphics cards in SLI. Can anyone reccomend a motherboard that is as good as the A8n-SLI premium, with SATA-300 support, but that doesn't have SLI (and hence would be a bit cheaper)?
The ASUS A8N-E supports SATA-300 but does not have firewire.
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: kc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!
- Prev by Date: Re: Psu - 500 Watt?
- Next by Date: Need to build a Photography PC
- Previous by thread: Re: Comments on new build
- Next by thread: Re: Comments on new build