PC only starts if I blow on it!
- From: "GTS" <gts123NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:42:25 GMT
I previously posted that my reliable (until now) PC suddenly would not
boot - the fans would spin, LEDS light up, but it would not complete the
POST, it would not beep and then boot.
Then I discovered by flook that if I was to blow steadily onto the
motherboard, aiming between the CPU and PS2 sockets, it would boot as
normal. Once into the BIOS and Windows all temps etc are reported as normal
and extensive testing of everything using Sandra and Everest finds no
problems. It runs as it always has, including intensive tasks like Far Cry /
Now I have repeated this start-PC-by-blowing-on-it routine dozens of times -
but it is a bit ridiculous and would rather not have to do it forever!
Have tried swapping PSU, GPU, HDD, removed and replaced CPU, and have
removed motherboard and blasted it with compressed air (£6.99 for a can of
air is ridiculous!)
So has anyone come accross such a weird symptom before? Have I got to bite
the bullett and replace the mobo?
- Prev by Date: Re: Comments on new build
- Next by Date: Re: Fastest CPU for PcChips m811?
- Previous by thread: Comments on new build
- Next by thread: Re: PC only starts if I blow on it!