Re: Fastest CPU for PcChips m811?

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 05:58:54 +0000, John Doe wrote:
Carbon <nobrac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The reason I'm asking is I'm not sure of the distinction between an
athlon and an athlon xp. Can I run say an xp2000 cpu that has a 133 mhz
fsb?

I think the short answer is Yes.

The link David Maynard provided even gives you BIOS version per CPU
support.

http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?MenuID=24&LanID=2&DetailID=235&DetailName=CPU%20Support

The manufacturer's web site is usually a good place for technical
information.

I tried the website before posting but I got redirect errors on my linux
machine with both firefox and konqueror. I just assumed the website was
hosed. However I just tried the wife's windows machine and firefox loads
the site just fine. Strange.
.