Re: Fastest CPU for PcChips m811?

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 05:58:54 +0000, John Doe wrote:
Carbon <nobrac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The reason I'm asking is I'm not sure of the distinction between an
athlon and an athlon xp. Can I run say an xp2000 cpu that has a 133 mhz
fsb?

I think the short answer is Yes.

The link David Maynard provided even gives you BIOS version per CPU
support.

http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?MenuID=24&LanID=2&DetailID=235&DetailName=CPU%20Support

The manufacturer's web site is usually a good place for technical
information.

I tried the website before posting but I got redirect errors on my linux
machine with both firefox and konqueror. I just assumed the website was
hosed. However I just tried the wife's windows machine and firefox loads
the site just fine. Strange.

  • Re: GAMESS on 64bit architecture
    ... >> What type of compiler did you use? ... RAM is the best investment you can make. ... Athlon 64 Socket 939 budget will allow and Corsair XMS Xtreme Memory ... The CPU fan: SpeedFan 4.20 to look around in there. ...
    (sci.chem)
  • Re: CPU benchmark for Xilinx PAR
    ... I really doubt its the branch behaviour even though the Athlon series ... I don't imagine there is much EDA code that looks like beautiful DSP ... but I thinks it the Memory Wall effect and the ... I wonder if its possible to get stats from the cpu performance hardware ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: xPC taget CPU - Athlon or Intel
    ... I have ordered an Athlon 64 FX processor and will post the bench test ... >> might also perform well with xPC Target in realtime use. ... >> I suppose if we got enough results that included CPU speed, ... >>> I have recently tested two Intel Pentium4 3.0 GHz CPU's ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • A7N8X Deluxe/Duron/WinXP problem
    ... So I pull out the CPU, restart, and finally get an error message. ... My Athlon was an Athlon XP 2600+, ... So I take the much slower CPU home, install it, and start my system and WinXP ... install Windows ME just so I can have a Windows to use to install XP from. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Athlon XP and Debian
    ... > I'm building a very affordable Agnula/DeMuDi machine. ... I just need to get an Athlon XP CPU. ... PCI slots and the last one 6 PCI slots. ...
    (Debian-User)