LCDs: Samsung SM913N vs Acer AL1916S
- From: "Timmah1980" <timkeay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 5 Feb 2006 12:34:41 -0800
New user to Google Groups looking for a bit of advice about 19" LCD
I've currently got two CRTs (Iiyama Vision Master Pro 500 19" and
Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2020u) and am looking to replace them with a
pair of LCDs. They're a bit bulky and the image quality of the
Mitsubishi isn't what it once was! (I'm keen on the idea of getting two
matching LCDs, with a slim bezel, and squeezing them up together -
I use my computer for a range of things (gaming, web/graphic design,
internet browsing), so would need a good all-rounder. I'm not running a
particularly good graphics card, and consequently won't be playing the
latest games (mainly GTA:SA, NFS, HL2 and CS:S).
I've had a good look around and have narrowed my search down to the
following two LCDs (at the top of my price range):
- Samsung SM913N (£185 from Amazon); and
- Acer AL1916S (£173.89 from Ebuyer*).
Basically, I guess I've got three questions:
1. Is it worth upgrading my CRTs to LCDs, given what I use them for?
2. Is the main benefit of LCDs the space-saving factor or are they
generally better than CRTs?
3. If I were to go for LCDs, which is a better buy; the Samsung or the
Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions!! :o)
(*I'd rather steer away from Ebuyer, if it can be helped!)
- Prev by Date: Re: KVM switch?
- Next by Date: Re: monitor "no signal" - if I've got to replace mobo how to improve?
- Previous by thread: Slow Slow XP Install and run
- Next by thread: Re: Samsung SM913N vs Acer AL1916S