Re: WOW, I need to upgrade BAD. Any suggestions??
- From: "Chinooks_FURY" <komodo@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:08:50 -0500
I really like that build of yours - not flaming. However, dual cores are
still in their infancy. I watched many a friend run right out and grab a
4800+ (back when they were $1000!) and those who stuck with them are still
tweaking them as they help the platform through the "growing pains",
specifically - - - figuring out how best to assign core-affinity to max
performance. After all, they have only been out what, 8 months or so?
If a dual core chip is in your cards, then go for one of the 939-pin
Opteron's - like the 165 or 170. They have the overclocking of these
Opterons on stock & high-end air down to a fine science over at the AMD
homepage. It's really amazing to see the sort of performance they are
getting out of these chips.
AND this weekend I am going to see my buddies new rig with one of the FX-60
chips freshly installed. He says they have made some real progress in the
memory controller for this first (and only) FX series dual-core.
Lastly, here's a fella that took an AMD 3700+ SanDiego to a stable 3.0+Ghtz
overclock. That is simply nuts . . .
- Prev by Date: Re: Celeron to P4 vs. AMD64 overhaul
- Next by Date: Custom Button the Triggers a Function Key
- Previous by thread: Re: WOW, I need to upgrade BAD. Any suggestions??
- Next by thread: Re: WOW, I need to upgrade BAD. Any suggestions??