Re: Anybody not impressed with Arctic Silver?

nos1eep <nos1eep_says_GFIA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Artic silver makes a difference. Lose the stock cooling and invest
> $30 in a better heat sink, you will run 15-20 degrees cooler.
> Think Thermaltake or Zalman. NewEgg is my personal favorite for
> hardware.

NewEgg wants five dollars for shipping that stuff. And they add all
shipping charges incrementally?

  • Re: building a new DIY PC
    ... store and I probably am going to take the cooler off again, for whatever reason or so, why should I put the thermal grease on again and then take it off again? ... crushed in transit from Newegg. ... He is just an extra set of eyes, looking for mistakes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: CPU Cooler
    ... components from newegg. ... I don't trust them. ... the last thing I bolted on was that stock cooler. ... but you could have left the stock cooler in there. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Peltier cooler choices?
    ... I'd like to go cooler on some machines, older 6600 dual core and 9400 quads. ... I was surprised that newegg things Peltier means and old cooler, some with no connections at all, but a search matched just a bunch of cheap fan and heatsink things. ...
    (comp.sys.intel)
  • Re: CPU Cooler
    ... Newegg shows only one cooler made for socket 1366. ... Zalman has an adapter ...