Wont power on with HD power lead connected

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing a new problem with my PC. It's a P4 3.4Ghz,
Gforce 6200 with DVD writer and 2x250Gb SATA drives. Yesterday, I took
out the DVD drive and now the machine wont power on. If I connect the
power, it attempts to power on twice, then gives up after about 2
seconds. If I disconnect the hard drive power leads, all if fine. The
problem occurs when either hard drive power lead is connected. I've
tested on a non SATA drive and it performed it's POST. Has anyone got
any suggestions?

Regards

Bobby

  • Re: Cant boot off of new SATA drive
    ... You boot from the install CD, select Recovery Console mode, and use the bootcfg utility to alter the boot.ini file. ... You will use Recovery Console mode for the first instance of Windows, the one on the IDE drive, because that is where you need to edit the boot.ini file. ... controller isn't configured to boot from any drives connected to it). ... Windows installed on both your IDE and SATA drives and switch between ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: HP DVD drive wont write DVDs
    ... Device Manager shows it as HP DVD Writer 1260t, and says it is working properly. ... The Afc could be Arcsoft ASPI shell. ... WinXP didn't start with a capability for doing that to DVD ... drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Cant boot off of new SATA drive
    ... so I can't tell if "hard drives" includes a SATA device. ... preset settings for the boot drive ordering. ... disconnect all the IDE drives from the IDE ports so the system BIOS ... but I believe other users of SATA drives need the rdisk parameter changed from: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Weird problem with Nero CD-DVD Speed
    ... I have just completed a major upgrade on my PC (3 new SCSI hard drives, ... PX740A DVD writer & a clean install of WinXP Pro and when I run the Scan ... surface tests race through at lightning speed and ... have both Nero's ASPI layer AND Adaptec's ASPI layer, ...
    (uk.media.dvd)
  • 2nd try: Weird problem with Nero CD-DVD Speed