Re: line conditioner

Technical specifications for the LE1200 are damning for what
is not provided. For example, if AC voltage is 110 volts,
then what is the output voltage? We can assume output would
be 120 volts; but the specs just don't say. We can only
assume.

If input voltage drops to 95 volts, will output voltage
remain at 120 volts? Again, they don't say. Why not?

I suspect that this line conditioner outputs something
higher when line voltage drops to 90 volts and may not output
sufficient voltage when line voltage drops below 90 volts.
That helps. Right? Why would assumption become fact?

First learn what a computer power supply must do. AC line
voltage must drop to 90 VAC and still the computer must work
just fine - as if AC line voltage was 120 VAC. This is
specifically demanded by Intel specifications. Same is
required by other industry standards.

IOW what is the line conditioner doing if computer power
supply already makes a brownout - 90 VAC - irrelevant?

Line conditioner fixes line voltage for computers with
defective power supplies. Does it make more sense to buy the
$65 full retail supply so that line conditioner is not
necessary? Yes. But again, that requires a computer
assembler to first demand power supply numerical specs.

How low can line voltage go and still be corrected by the
APC line conditioner? We don't know. APC specifications
don't even provide that most essential numbers. A fact so
critical and not provided - it should raise every suspicious
hair on your body. APC often leaves consumers to assume some
functions that the APC product does not really perform. Be
woefully suspicious of a product that 'forgets' to provide
important technical numbers.

The APC makes no claims to protect from blackouts. It
claims to protect from brownouts - and leaves you to assume
what kind - the numbers.

.