Re: consrv.dll

"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in
news:jekqmi0ivi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

From: "Dustin" <bughunter.dustin@xxxxxxxxx>

Once a system is infected, review my reply to you in a recent post
to you.

infected=virus. Trojan<>infected. One a system is trojanized, it's
easy enough to repair. Depending on the virus, it can also be
repaired. That's the lack of knowledge you have on this field
rearing it's ugly head on you again.

I wouldn't agree there. Once malware is resident and acting upon a
host that host is infected.
In animal hosts they can be infected by; yeasts/molds, parasites,
bacteria and viruses. It is no different than with a computer host.

No. It's a resident trojan. Still, not infected. Unless said trojan is
patching files to continue it's own existance. If not, then it's not
actually "infecting" anything. Creating an exe and a registry key to
load it later isn't infecting a machine.

So I don't think; infected=virus Trojan<>infected is apropos.

Well, I hail from the virus/trojan terminology. Although I'm retired, I
still prefer to use the correct terminology when discussing them.

--
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too
many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and

  • Re: consrv.dll
    ... easy enough to repair. ... host that host is infected. ... It's a resident trojan. ... to load it later isn't infecting a machine. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: consrv.dll
    ... easy enough to repair. ... host that host is infected. ... to load it later isn't infecting a machine. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Repeated Attacks Backdoor/Subseven Trojan
    ... it is possible a trojan got into your host, and the remote host ... your firewall blocks it so there is nothing ... > It is always a Backdoor/Subseven Trojan. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Help With School Report: Are Macs Safer Than PCs From Viruses?
    ... > don't think they care about the details of it being a virus or a worm. ... finding a host has very little to do with it, ... impossibility of infecting a "host" mac that is the problem. ... 12 million osx macs on the network 24/7/365, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Malwarebytes site no longer accepts donations
    ... where the trojan needs to be distributed by another entity. ... The term trojan remains for non-replicating malware. ... The mosquito is the carrier from host organism to host organism, but the phage is the carrier from host cell to host cell. ... Whether it can replicate or not, it is still presented as a normal cell to the host organism - which gets more than it bargained for. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)