computer suddenly crawls--any ideas
- From: "MZB" <moo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 21:28:11 -0400
I recently upgraded to Avira 10. Since then (but not immediately after)
quite often my computer suddenly slows way down to where it isn't really
usable (about a minute pause when I depress a key or click on something).
Avira and malwarebytes do NOT report any problems.
I can right click the icon and uncheck the antiguard enable, but I think
Avira is still in memory. Is there a quick way for me to shutdown Avira and
see if the problem gets resolved? I don't like to reboot with Avira off
because it takes 30-45 minutes for the problem to occur. I don't think my
laptop is overheating. Any other suggestions?
I run XP HOMe --SP3 on a Dell Inspiron 2200. I also run IE 7.0. But if I
shut that down and run Firefox the slowness continues.
Another idea I have is to perhaps go back to Avira 9.0. Can one d/l that
version? (Free version).
Again, any suggestions would be appreciated. It may not be Avira-related.
I'm just not sure how to proceed
- Prev by Date: Re: Recovering from the Flawed McAfee Update
- Next by Date: Re: computer suddenly crawls--any ideas
- Previous by thread: Recovering from the Flawed McAfee Update
- Next by thread: Re: computer suddenly crawls--any ideas