Re: Trojan not being removed by Norton

From: "F-E" <F-E.40777c@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Hello
| I'm not a techie chick, and don't really know much about computers but
| do love my laptop all the same. I am freaked out by a message Microsoft
| Windows is giving me. It says I have malicious software on my computer:
| TrojanSpy:Win32/Bancos.gen!A and that I need anti-virus software to
| remove it. No worries I think to myself, and run a full system scan with
| my Norton anti virus. It pics up a TRACKING COOKIE for goodness sakes,
| but no Trojan.

| Any suggestions for how to remove it? The simpler the better, I'm
| worried about dismantling something important in the process.

| My operating system is Vista..if that helps.
| cheers
| F-E

| --
| F-E
| F-E's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/145145.htm
| View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/antivirus-software/1259649.htm

| http://forums.techarena.in <--------------- This place sucks !

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Dave

  • Trojan not being removed by Norton
    ... and don't really know much about computers but ... It says I have malicious software on my computer: ... No worries I think to myself, and run a full system scan with ... My operating system is Vista..if that helps. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Just venting (totally OT) (caution - rant)
    ... When personal computers first became affordable, ... the computer came on its own with an operating system built ... all the early PCs that I know about had operating systems built ... slightly more than Windows. ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Using Compatibility Wizard
    ... > So, can I at least take comfort in your experience, Malke, that this ... on-site and look at your computers and your network setup. ... enables you to create virtual machines running different operating ... virtual machine operating system is a *real* operating system, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Rightwingdings against gov surveillance??? Cheney says, "Youre wrong...we need more."
    ... A wristwatch doesn't need an operating system of any kind to keep ... A wristwatch is purpose-built to keep accurate time, whereas computers ... That may be the case with general purpose personal computers, ... no need when they can sync against atomic clocks over the network. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Best Quote on Computer Architecture?
    ... (John Dvorak) ... operating system (just a hobby, ... 1986 UNIX is dead, but no one bothered to claim the body. ... 1970 Most computers will probably still occupy a large room, ...
    (comp.arch)