Re: Best AV program or suite
- From: Wolf K <wekirch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 12:17:42 -0400
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Norton Internet Suite is getting great reviews. Comments on what YOU
think is best are welcome.
0. Question is asked several times a week. Did you check recent posts?
1. Norton/McAfee are bloated, expensive pigs.
Norton has been getting good reviews recently because it's no longer bloated. Expensive? It's expensive if it doesn't do what you want, cheap otherwise.
2. Use Avira, Avast, or AVG - all free.
Avast and AVG set themselves to run in the background when they install. That's a major flaw, amounting to a deal breaker for me.
2a. No anti- program is going to catch everything.
So you need more than one - but if they set themselves to run in the background upon instillation, they will interfere with each other. Bah!
3. Use a router and firewall.
4. Use common sense - don't blindly click on everything.
5. Consider another operating system.